Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Policy Absurdities!

We review all our policies at least annually and rather than mark up the policy docs have a review document which lists each year which policies were reviewed without making any changes and which policies were reviewed and amended, any changes summarised and when new policy came into force.

Thank you ladies

You have given me food for thought and I will be writing on the final page of each policy, the date and who reviewed it and when its due again!!! Will take policy folder to next committee meeting. Anything that needs changing can be discussed and signed off by the chair!!!!

I do agree with origninal posts in this thread that some practitioners are in danger of becoming ovewhelmed with policy and procedures, however if we use them as a framework that can be adapted, we can shape policies to what suits each of our settings best.......as long as our policies say what we do and we do what our policies say!!!!!

Now, I just need to ensure that I can demostrate to OFSTED that we have sound policies, that are reviewed annually and that those sound policies support the children, families and staff in my setting.

Thanks again for your responses!

ginge99

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)