Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Room Names

Our new nursery will have 2 big rooms one for under 3s and one for over 3s.I want to come up with a name for each -at the moment boring red and blue as colours sort of fits in with our name (Paint Pots).I know there is a more imaginative name out there.Can you help ?No Tweenies please!!!

Our setting used to be old farm/barn buildings and we have a baby unit, 2-3 unit and a preschool unit. The babies are the 'little lambs', 2-3 unit are the shepherds and the preschoolers (who are up at the top of a tall building) are the eagles nest as they leave us when theyre ready and fly off to school!! Love our names!! We are seperating the 2-3 unit into two seperate age groups and we were currently discussing names for each group. My two fave's are the little ladybirds for the younger group and busy bee's for the older group. Ooooooor the caterpillar room and the butterfly room as caterpillars turn into big butterflys!! You can see ive been giving this a lot of thought.... :o

Nikki x

Thanks for the replies I was trying to link it some how to a pot of paint-

ideas I have so far rejected _

Little Ps an Big ps (as in P for paint pots)

Painters and Potters

Palettes and Brushes

Reds and Blues

I could change my mind about one of these , still waiting to have a wow moment

Anna

What about names of famous painters? Although they may be too young for that.

I like jennin's idea of Rainbow/Sunshine rooms - we had a Rainbow room and it was filled with loved painted rainbows.

how about

butterflys and bubbles = after the style

explorers and creators = the process

markers and makers

painters room and decorators room

movers and shakers

the colour box and crayons

last one as i'm getting silly what about after a well known painting

sunflowers and i think there is a poppy one irises

that was fun x x Daz x

OOO I like the colour box and the crayons I will pass it by the boss

That reminds me of the saying about children with additional needs - can't remember it all but basically that we all have different coloured crayons in our colouring box, which means we paint different pictures of our lives. None is better than the other, just different because of the different colours at our disposal.

Or something like that. :o

Maz

That reminds me of the saying about children with additional needs - can't remember it all but basically that we all have different coloured crayons in our colouring box, which means we paint different pictures of our lives. None is better than the other, just different because of the different colours at our disposal.

Or something like that. :o

Maz

OH I know the one you mean but can't remember it exactly and it's bugging me now! Someone on the forum had it as their signature at some time or other!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)