Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Online Banking

I want us to move to online banking, it'd make everyone's lives much easier. I've checked on the charities commission site and they are fine with this (they recommend dual authorisation).

Does anyone have a bank that they can recommend? Our current bank refuses to convert our account, I've seen a co-op one online which looks good.

Any other suggestions?

We have a community interest account with Barclays. We get free banking but the branch doesnt seem able to do lots of stuff, I'm usually refered to the business manager by phone. Could try them. I might look at internet banking too if the CC say its ok. I was always worried about security as its not my money.

Hi

we did look at this a while ago, when HSBC told us to get into the real world. The committee at this time were not happy about it but I think if they dual signed a form before someone input the details it would make no difference to security.

There is still a bank statement to check each month and the books are audited at the end of the year. It would mean that people would get their money quicker and I wouldn't have all the cheque to post that seem to stay in my handbag for days.......

Does anyone else have any expereince of this?

I'm a private group and use Santander (was Abbey) and it works well. I can download statements etc in the dead of the night when I can't lay my hands on the right piece of paper, I pay my wages online and as many bills as I possibly can. Saves a lot of time.

Maz

I've done ours for a long time now with Lloyds TSB. No problem at all. I'm just in the process of doing the Church accounts too, but that's with Natwest, and seems just as simple. A form I've downloaded has to be signed by another of the signatories, but as everything is above board, and as you say, all bank statements are available, there's no problem

We use Alliance and Leciester and our current (not resigned until next week!) treasurer has set up everything on-line.

BUT whilst it has worked really well for her and us, the person who is (very reluctantly) taking over as treasurer has no computer experience and doesn't even have a computer at home, so it will be back to manual for us this coming year, to be honest I'm just glad we have evetually managed to get a treasurer

I don't know if it was excuses, but most of the mums didn't have a clue about internet banking, saying their husband did it all so I don't know if that put them off.

Just a thought

Thanks all.

Our new treasurer has a degree in advanced maths and was building computer chips before she had children, so I think we should be okay with that :o

Sorry, had to boast there, she is a catch and has 2 young children so could be there a while! It would be nice to hand it onto someone who will take our hard work on into the future.

• 4 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)