Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Medium Term Planning

We have 5 medium term topic plans to create for this academic year. Does anyone have any advice on books etc or where to get example plans? We are going to do Teddy Bears, Transport and Space. We are still deciding the last two topics. Any advice would be greatly apprceciated?

I don't think its necessary to do medium term plans. But what I do is to do a topic web so I think of all learning activitities around that topic and then you can match learning objectives. I don't pre-plan which learning objectives will be covered where but highlight them off as they are covered which always seems to work in terms of coverage.

Have you thought about choosing topics based on interests of the children? I take all my themes from observations and start by asking the children what they want to learn. xx

hi chocoaddict and welcome.

If your school requires a medium term plan, which it presumably does as you are asking for help, have a look at the Lancs grid for learning as there are plans there that might help you. There is also a topic section here where you may get some inspiration.

Good luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)