Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Singing

Hi

I'm looking for songs to sing with children under one...

we always sing the same songs...

twinkle twinkle

baa baa black sheep

row the boat

i just wanted something different.... can anyone help???????????????????

This little piggy?

How about "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"?

I would imagine that any singing activity is beneficial - surely singing songs to the under ones is more 'how you sing' rather than 'what you sing'? I don't work with that age group, just remembering the nonsense stuff I used to sing to mine - especially in the car when they were grouchy on long journeys - all the way through "The Sound of Music" on several I can recall!!

Hi

I recently did a course with the 'Voices Projcet' and although under one's isnt my age range, we did cover a few songs. We were told that lots of finger rhymes are good for stimulating the brain, such as round and round the garden, this little piggy, 2 little dickie birds and lullaby's have a soothing effect.

Also have a go at making your own songs up, try using a tune you already know such as 'Here we go round the mulberry bush' you can try 'this is the way we change your nappy'.

We were given a really good book that explains what actions to do and how to extend each song. It's a bit pricey though it's £18 but I think its worth it and would definately pay it myself! It also explains what the child will be learning, apart from the obvious language development. It has a CD too, so if you can't read music you can listen to the tune and if your not completely confident about singing you could have it playing in the background for additional support.

You can view the book on www.musicforstarters.com it's called 'Singing games and rhymes for tiny tots'. Hope this helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)