Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Scrapbooks

what does everyone use for thier learning journeys/ stories. the new preschool i am at has big folded over sheets of sugar paper. It just seems so unweildy and expensive.

!

I have had a look on the internet for some big old fashioned scrapbooks, without much success. Any ideas?

Thanks

I had originally decided to use scrapbooks, however, found that many scrapbooks don't have so many pages and there is a lot of info that needs to go in - so we opted instead for ringbinders and plastic pockets which allow us greater flexibility. We complete them in a scrapbook style and how things unfold in date order rather than "area" order. When the children leave we can mostly recycle the folders to use again and put all the learning journey stuff into those plastic project folders for the children to keep.

We make our own. Bought some nicer card from A to Z supplies[bright colours] and then use sugar paper and hole punch into them.

You can decorate with the children, we put their photo on the front when they first start and handprints.I love them, and i wish we had them when mine were little. :o

We do the same but use a binder to join the A4 sugar paper pages with cardboard front and back covers - we put our logo on the front and also a photo of the child. We can easily add more pages if needed - they really are lovely andwe have lots of compliments!

ok thanks, i have found some scrapbooks but they are going to work out expensive!

Back to the drawing board, the files may be a better idea?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)