Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Working With Parents Module

I have just started my second year of fd and one of my modules involves working with parents, I have decided to focus on the transition from rec to yr 1. Iam going to send a questionaire to the parents asking for their views but am struggling to come up with many questions. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me, thanks

Caroline

I have just started my second year of fd and one of my modules involves working with parents, I have decided to focus on the transition from rec to yr 1. Iam going to send a questionaire to the parents asking for their views but am struggling to come up with many questions. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me, thanks

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

I'm not sure I can be too much help, but I did a similar questionnaire for parents based on the transition from pre-school to reception. I sent this to parents of children leaving pre-school as well as the parents of children who had left the previous year. This meant I could compare worries before the move as well as gain a perspective from parents who had already been through it. A useful question was 'what do you think would have made a difference', for me, this was then considered for parents and children still to face the move. hope that makes sense!

I'm happy to share my questions if you think it might help. But also there was a really good article in Nursery World a few months ago about the transition from Rec. to Year 1 but unfortunatley I have absolutely no idea how to link into it! :o

Good luck!

Hi Caroline,

I'm not sure I can be too much help, but I did a similar questionnaire for parents based on the transition from pre-school to reception. I sent this to parents of children leaving pre-school as well as the parents of children who had left the previous year. This meant I could compare worries before the move as well as gain a perspective from parents who had already been through it. A useful question was 'what do you think would have made a difference', for me, this was then considered for parents and children still to face the move. hope that makes sense!

I'm happy to share my questions if you think it might help. But also there was a really good article in Nursery World a few months ago about the transition from Rec. to Year 1 but unfortunatley I have absolutely no idea how to link into it! :o

Good luck!

have found the articles in nursery world thanks for signposting them to me, they have been helpful but wouldn't mind looking at your questions if thats ok, have written a few, I did not realise it would be so difficult to come up with appropriate questions. Thanks

How about......

What materials, leaflets or information would of helped you to help prepare your child for this transition? ie photos of the next classroom, a leaflet that helps parents to explain something ie a certain way we teach phonics????

Would you of liked a meet and greet evening with the teachers? (this may happen already)

What other transitions were happening at home that we could of helped you with at this time?

(you could ask the previous years parents)- i was thinking religious transitions?? or maybe a break up of a relationship that you could help a child deal with at the setting and at home??

Do parents feel comfortable to approach staff to ask for help with situations like these?

Not sure if this is what you meant, but hope it helps! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)