Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Would Anyone Like To Review A Book?

We often receive books for review at the FSF HQ and I wondered if anyone has a burning desire to read and review any? You are of course able to keep anything you review. The first up for grabs is:

"Emotional Literacy in the Early Years", by Christine Bruce. You can find it here

From past experience, we should probably agree that the review should be available one month after receipt, so I can keep track of who has what!

Other titles I have at the moment are:

1) What does it mean to be 3/ 4/ 5? (3 separate books) , by Jennie Lindon

2) Understanding Child Development, by Jennie Lindon

3) 3 booklets: Making up stories with children, Managing Difficult Behaviour, & Enjoy reading aloud to young children (all published by Southgate publishers)

4) Running Successful Workshops (Family Learning and Parenting Workshops) by Lisa Vernon

5) Workshops for Parents: Managing Difficult Behaviour, by Sonya Hilton

6) 100 Ideas for Teaching Literacy, by Fred Sedgwick (from EYFS to KS2)

7) Activities for Individual learning through Shape and Colour, by Wendy Bowkett

8) Activities for Individual Learning through Rhyme, by Wendy Bowkett

Who would like to review any of the above? :o

I'd be interested in reading the one on Emotional Literacy. I read around it a fair bit for my FD last year and am thinking about it a lots due to my girls having ASD. Do you think that would qualify me to review it, Helen? Maybe I don't really know enough about it to pass an opinion? I've never done anything like that before.

Edited by Upsy Daisy

How great you'd like to do this :o

In the post today:

BMG: "What's it like to be 3, 4, 5?".

lkmorris: Activities for Individual Learning through Rhyme

UpsyDaisy: "Emotional Literacy in the Early Years", by Christine Bruce (please can you PM me your address?)

Devsy: would you like to choose something that you're particularly interested in/have expertise in?

I'd be interested in reading the one on Emotional Literacy. I read around it a fair bit for my FD last year and am thinking about it a lots due to my girls having ASD. Do you think that would qualify me to review it, Helen? Maybe I don't really know enough about it to pass an opinion? I've never done anything like that before.

I think you're perfectly qualified :o

Hi. If it's not allocated already I would be interested in reviewing the one on parent workshops. I've been teaching a FdA module on working with parents recently. I'll PM my address later if thts ok.

Hello

I would love to review the shape and colour book (number 7), is it specifically for the younger age children?

Many thanks

Fiona

OK here's an update!

holly35: parent workshops/running successful workshops

Girlguide: Understanding Child development

purplewednesday (hello!): 100 literacy ideas

tf3ab: colour and shape (yes it is for EYFS :o )

Maz: 3 booklets

If I don't have your addresses, please could you PM me? Many thanks xD

I think they've all gone (sorry, Devsy!), but I'm sure there'll be more soon. Many thanks for such an enthusiastic response; I hope you enjoy reading them and look forward to the reviews :(

Hi, I know they've all gone but can I ask (might sound daft) how do you review the book? Do you have to fill in a questionaire? Do you have specific questions to answer or is it just your opinion as to what you thought about it? Think I might be interested in doing this in the future.

is it just your opinion as to what you thought about it?

We had a competition to review a favourite book once, Iusedtobeabox, and people pretty much did just that. We read the book, and then told everyone else what we liked about it. :o

Thanks for your replies everybody :o When I have another batch I'll PM each of you to see if you're still interested.

mps09: The reviews usually appear in our resources section, under "product reviews". xD

Hello

I would also love to review any of the books, I would be interested in the rhyming book if it is still available. Please let me know if you get any more books.

Zoe

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)