Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Firestation Roleplay

Hi all

Hope everyone is well. I really need your help im doing peole who help us after half term focusing mainly on firemen due to the interest from the boys and i need some ideas of what to put in my roleplay going to be a fire station i think. does anyone have any photographs of their roleplay as a fire station or ideas that i could put in to simulate the interest. please help

thanks kate

The children love this topic. Could you contact your local Divisional Commissioner at the Fire station to see if they could allow a fire engine to come. Our children got to sit in the engine, try the hats on etc. The firemen then showed them around the engine explaining the equipment and what its used for. They then let the children use the hose in the garden.

We have also had visits from the Police Service, Ambulance Service and Road Safety Service in the past.

Great fun and a wonderful way to" show people that help us" in our community to the children. :o

Hi all

Hope everyone is well. I really need your help im doing peole who help us after half term focusing mainly on firemen due to the interest from the boys and i need some ideas of what to put in my roleplay going to be a fire station i think. does anyone have any photographs of their roleplay as a fire station or ideas that i could put in to simulate the interest. please help

thanks kate

Hi Kate,

Off the top of my head how about-

Fire fighter dressing up clothes

Black wellies

Face masks and child size gardening gloves

Child's steering wheel with suction cup on table top

Lengths of garden hose

Phone and computer keyboard

Message/emergency recording sheets on clipboards

Wall mounted map of local area

Pretend first aid box

Fire safety and fire fighters at work posters

Walkie-talkies........

Hope this helps :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)