Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Alien Tea Party

Hi I am looking at the book Come to Tea on Planet Zum-Zee with the children next week and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about the sorts of "food and drink" i could make with the children. I have seen in another post an idea of using blue spaghetti with ping-pong balls in for eyes, which i think is a great idea and i will certainly use that one - thank you, but i am struggling to think what else to do!! Thanks for any ideas in advance :o

Hi

I used this text with a mixed year1 reception class. We made Pizza (we couldn't get them to float lol) We did biscuit math’s, the focus was counting, number doubles & then bonds.

We made invites to the tea party and on the last day I dressed up as an alien (I was an Alien mummy) & brought green cupcakes in for the children. My teacher told the pupils that I couldn't talk I could only use actions to answer. This worked really well as the children had to work really hard to communicate with me. (I'll try to add some pictures)

Have fun, we did.

Nicky

I am not familiar with the book but when making food look odd or fun then food colouring is great. My daughter made fairy cakes for Halloween party on Saturday....bright red and black buns looked great and of course do not alter the taste.

Just a note....check if suitable for vegetarians if an issue, red is sometimes a problem as contains cochineal

Last year when we covered 'space' one of the children said that a tortilla looked like the surface of the moon - so we dyed ham and cheese with food colouring and made wraps - I guess you could do whatever you wanted too really just at a little colouring and it soon looks horrid!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)