Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Outdoor Marking Boards For Wall Mounting

Good Morning,

We've used blackboard paint outside, an old white board & our caretaker is currently adding a board with buldog clips to our railings so that we can use it as a easl. I think that someone on the forum also painted their shed.

I'm currently trying to update our out door area. I recently made writing belts that the children love. They are just bumbags from the £ shop with lots of tools inside.

Have Fun.

Finleysmaid ............. we have that same issue, our playground is used as entrance too, so is open from 7.30-9.00 & then from 15.00-18.00. We are in the town centre so we really can't leave anything outside.

We are currently making some 'grab & go' boxes I think I had the original idea from the forum, we just find that we don't work as well outside as we do inside & part of that is not having the resources you need to hand. I've asked the children wht they would like out side & have begun to make the boxes up. The caretacker is making me a unit that will house the boxes. We are having an observations box with camera, pens note papper etc. I really hope that it works......I'll keep you guys posted.

Our outdoor boards are also made from marine ply and blackboard paint, we kept them the same shape as we bought them( rectangular) and did them ourselves. We painted the backs of them in ordinary outdoor gloss paint and I take them in each day as we share the building which is next to a large park. We have large hooks on the back of the boards so they can hang safely over our fencing and they are now over six years old, still in pristine condition.

Guest ChunkyMan

Fantastic ideas especially the bumbag as writing belts which I am definitely going to use!!! I have been meaning to get round to putting up chalk boards but need to pin down the caretaker and get some money for marine ply!!! I also thought attaching acylic boards to the wall and using white board markers. :o

Did you see the idea elsewhere about painting the side of a shed with chalk board paint?

Or indeed, just a square of chalk board paint on a wall would probably work.

Love the bum bag idea!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)