Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Hannukah Ideas

Hi - We are doing celebrations as a theme this half term, have already looked at Harvest, Diwali, which is developing into a mini light and dark topic, and want to cover Hannukah before Christmas. The children are all white British but 2 chn are Hindu, though one is not practising and the other couldn't tell me anything about Diwali. So it's important to cover oterh faith religious festivals.

I'd like to look at Hannukah at the end of November and want to pencil in some ideas on my planging. I used Wales NGFL site for Diwali which I would strongly recomment but they don't have anything on Hannukah.

Can anyone suggest a good resource site for Hannukah for reception.

Interestingly the chn recognised a lot of similarities bwn Diwali and how they celebrate birthdays etc, and we have deceided collectively to plan a birthday 'celebration' for my puppet, 'Old Fred,' that I use for sounding out words in phonics. He's really old, at least 35 I've been reliably informed by the children !!! The chn are going to write invitations to parents, make decorations, work out how much food they'll need, make patterned wrapping paper for the presents, cook the cake, sing songs, so should be fun and will end in November when we've invited paretns in for a celebration afternoon to showcase the chn's work. ANymore ideas to cover areas of learning would be much appreciated.

[

Tks.

we make dreidels (spinning tops) and play the game. We make red envelopes for Hannukah gelt and Hannukiah (Menorah) using balls of clay on a base and birthday cake candles. I'll look in my pictures and see if they jog my memory.

Oh yes, me make puppets of Judah Macabee and King Antiochus so the children can re-enact the story, and make star of David, doing some weaving - shown on the picture.

Ebay is great for resources, search Judaica

post-13453-1289674300_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cait

we make dreidels (spinning tops) and play the game. We make red envelopes for Hannukah gelt and Hannukiah (Menorah) using balls of clay on a base and birthday cake candles. I'll look in my pictures and see if they jog my memory.

Oh yes, me make puppets of Judah Macabee and King Antiochus so the children can re-enact the story, and make star of David, doing some weaving - shown on the picture.

Ebay is great for resources, search Judaica

THanks - loved your display...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)