Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Child Friendly Cameras?

Hi there,

I am interested in buying a camera for the children in my reception class to have free access to. We obviously have an adult camera to take pictures for their learning journey's, but would like a child friendly one for them to use independently. I have spoken to someone about the V-tech one and I heard that although it was child-friendly, it was only 2 mega-pixels so the pictures were pretty awful! Has anyone used the Digicool one from ELC? Or can anyone recommend another? Many thanks x

We let the children use an inexpensive adult one too. They picked it up really quickly and it takes much better pictures. Plus they always want to use ours anyway so one which looks like ours is better!

I totally echo the idea of letting children use real inexpensive 'adult' cameras. We bought one of those children's cameras and it is virtually useless. The pixels and screen (therefore quality) are tiny. Many children nowadays are used to using cameras or mobile phones to take pictures so go for teh proper ones. We wouldn't expect our children to use plastic hammers when doing woodoworking activities so why not let them use proper cameras. Once they are shown how to use the appropriately then they can fly..

Hi there

I've tried both v-tech, & fisher price, they are both ok but it's a pain having to use a screwdriver to get to the batteries & sd card. I also let the children use an adult camera, they are able to operate the camera just as well, the also know where to put the sd card in order to transfer the pictures.

I've recently had a Tuff-Cam that take motion & stills, this is great, it plugs into the usb & downloads really easily, the memory isn't very big though.

In short I'd go of an adult camera. An a camera that can be charge at the mains.

Nicky :o

Edited by nickylear

We just let our kids use the 'adult' ones. They all know how to use them and the pictures they take are much better than any child friendly ones. I also think that because they know that they are ours they take better care of them.

Rach

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)