Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Head Teacher Observing Maths Session Help!

Hi all

Need your expertise asap! I have a lesson observation by my head next week and she's coming in to see a Maths session with Reception (31 kids) but I'll have 2 Keyworkers in on that day. Need some great ideas on how to wow her!

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Was thinking of small 10 min whole class activity then send chn off to variety of activities - 1 adult supported inside and 1 adult supported outside then activities children can access independently - the other free adult would float?

A stressed and worried katiem

xxx

Think your structure sounds good - I usually have one 'floating' adult at this time of year! Is money your focus? A few ideas of the top of my head... Do you have some sort of shop type role play area and could one of your adult activities be focussed in here? Also how about coin rubbing, hiding coins in sand pit, pressing coins into playdough, hiding coins in a feely bag. Crickweb has some nice money resources for IWB starters, there is a moneybox you can put money in then see how much altogether (its in KS1 numeracy resources). Good luck!

Thanks Kathrynmc

Great minds must think alike as was going to have a jumble sale in outside area with adult supporting children (also have post office role play area which they can access independently), coin printing in playdough, coins in the sandpit, and picture of coin men that they can copy with the coins in the class. Was then thinking of having 1 adult focused recorded piece inside? not completely sold on what though!

For plenary was going to do 5 currant buns in bakers shop song?

Am going to perhaps use Crick stuff as part of my introduction - chn in pairs with a coin - does their coin come up in the slot machine? that kind of thing.

Anyway thanks so much for your response - very much appreciated. Will let you know how it goes.

Katiem

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)