Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Foundation Degree

Hello, I am studying my degree in Early Years, just completed first assignment and now onto the second. Policies!!!! Yuk!! I have to do a 5 minute presentation on a policy in my setting relating to national policy as well. I would be most grateful of any help/advice, tips. I am really nervous about the presentation, give me a room full of children any day over speaking to lots of adults and assessors!!! I am new to the forum and have found it most helpful, I have been in childcare for over 10 years running my local community playgroup, and I absolutley love it. Very lucky to have a job I adore. xD:o

Hi Kath and welcome to the Forum! :o

It might be useful if you have a look through your policies and pick out three or four where national policy is likely to exist, and list them here for people to make suggestions on?

Good luck with your presentation - as someone who has never felt comfortable speaking in front of people I know how you feel!

Hello.

I'm just finnishing my foundation degree!

I would pick a setting policy which has links to a national policy - most likely a health and safety/equal opps/safeguarding policy are going to be the easiest to link to practice and legislation.

hopefully your policies will mention legislation - if not you could critic this and explain why your policies are as such.

What has your presentation got to include?

Hope that helps x

...or you might decide to do something along the SEN lines; how you go about providing additional resources etc for children who you have identified, how you use the early years action and EYA+ system, and how all this relates to the SEN code of practice. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)