Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Moving Premises

Hello everyone

After many years of slumming it in a grotty community centre we are hoping to move next April. I just phoned Ofsted to inform them and find out what I need to do and they have told me that despite the only change being the premises (staff and I will stay the the same, I am the manager and owner) we will have to apply for a completely new registration. I have downloaded the forms I need to complete and one is 24 pages, one is 26 pages and the health declaration is 16 pages! Does anyone know if this is normal practice for Ofsted? I naively thought they would come and visit me and look at the building and give approval (or not!). I did expect to complete some paperwork but not a new registration.

Does anyone have experience of moving to new premises?

Thanks

Beehive

We had to do it as well, Beehive, but it wasn't as bad as it sounds... A lot of the information we said 'refer to current SEF/registration' and put it back onto Ofsted to ask us if there was anything we hadn't covered.

Apparently you should have an inspector come into the setting before you have children in, but no-one told us that and the builders & LEA wanted us to move in as soon as the paint was dry, so we moved in 2 weeks before the Easter holidays & had the inspector come in during the hols. She was really nice - someone who'd seen us before in our grotty portacabin, & really pleased for us that we had our shiny new building.

It wasn't a proper inspection, though you'll also need that (and we've only just had ours), a quick look round to make sure it's all safe, measure up to give us a number of children to be able to have.

i will have to move next year and have just been told the same thing...unless you are not changing postcode! one thing tough i am interested that they are still sending out health declarations as i thought this had just been made illegal...we are now not allowed to do this for our staff so why do ofsted get away with it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)