Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Reviewing Policies

Hi Chaps,

Does anyone know how often you have to formally review your policies?

I have been told it's all of them every year but that seems ridiculous. With 35 policies you would need to review at least 3 or 4 at every committee meeting.

In schools it is every 3 years.

Can anyone put me straight as I want to do an over-view of when policies need reviewing.

Thanks

Sorry-very dull un-Christmassy question!

Hi, We aim to do the 3 oldest at each meeting, but having said that we never get round to them there is always too much else to do!!

What I've done is add a list in the front of our policy booklet, with a date when each policy was last reviewed. Then I asterix the oldest ones and we aim to do those first.

I still have a couple from 2006 that need checking (whoops!). These include the bizarre 'recruitment of ex-offenders' one. I'd assume that's a legal requirement although it did make me chuckle given the whole CRB obsession!!

Of course, a 'review' could just mean a quick scan through.

I still have a couple from 2006 that need checking (whoops!). These include the bizarre 'recruitment of ex-offenders' one. I'd assume that's a legal requirement although it did make me chuckle given the whole CRB obsession!!

/quote]

when we first signed up with a company to do our CRBs it was a condition we had yo have this policy in place... and they provided it for us.. not sure if it is still the case now though...

we reviewed annually and most of the time it was as Suzie said, a read through and change or add as needed.. but I did try to keep the policies to the minimum we needed, sometimes I think we have too many policies and know that they are not read by parents because of this.. and as others have said in the past, if they are not followed they can come back and bite you.

Inge

I have a list at the front of the policy folder running from September to July, showing which policy needs reviewing then. If nothing changes I write at the bottom of the policy 'reviewed Oct 2010 - no changes' and for those that change I print a new one out dated at the bottom with 'Revised Oct 2010'.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)