Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Planning In Reception

Hi

I am new to the FSF - and also new to teaching in Reception! I have been teaching for 6 years but previously have taught in KS2 and feel really out of my depth. :o

Is there anywhere where I can see other teacher's plans or ideas - I have lots of ideas about what I want to do but am not sure how much detail I need to put in the planning. Shjould I have a separate sheet for continuous provision? Should I plan number work and phonics discretely?

When teaching in KS2 I planned very much on a 'mind map' basis - it was quite organic and I added things as the children's ideas took off - is that ok to do in reception too - but should I be writing in the objectives/goals?

Any advice or links to examples would be appreciated - or just some reassurance!

Thyank you

Thirdthing x

hi and welcome.

Planning in FS does seem to be everyones big question with no right or wrong answers. You need to talk to your HT or FS coord to determine what the school requires and match that with your own needs. Your mind mapping idea could certainly work and I think that in Reception you should have some sort of outline of the Goal achievement that you are working towards. Your planning should be personal and manageable.

Do search within this forum area and within the resource section. Catma added some really detailed planning advice which you might find useful.

Good luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)