Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Holiday Policy

Hi

Surely, they have to book the days off work first before booking a holiday ie ask permission. I am sure if you work in Asda they don't let all the checkout staff take the same days off.

In the new PLA managing employees book their is an annual leave booking form.

Having said this, it's the sort of thing my staff do. One only works 3 days a week and books xmas shopping days, her birthday off......

I would get some good bank staff if I was you.

Guest jenpercy
Hi

Surely, they have to book the days off work first before booking a holiday ie ask permission. I am sure if you work in Asda they don't let all the checkout staff take the same days off.

In the new PLA managing employees book their is an annual leave booking form.

Having said this, it's the sort of thing my staff do. One only works 3 days a week and books xmas shopping days, her birthday off......

I would get some good bank staff if I was you.

You can have what you like in a holiday policy or your staff handbook so that staff know what to expect, but you are perfectly entitled to say no to any holiday request. The only legal requirement is that holiday must be requested with at least an equal amount of notice eg one day's notice for a day, or one week's notice for a week.

however, it would be a good idea to sit down and work out your limits. If staff konw what is expected of them in advance it leads to better relationships than a refusal after the fact.

As we only open term time my staff dont/cant take holiday during then. Of course if they really needed fort example a wedding or as sometimes has happened the first couple pf days before/after a half term holiday then I would expect them to arrange cover .i.e swap shifts with another staff member first WE have written into our contracts that holidays will not be taken during term time.

Guest jenpercy

You would need to be careful about asking staff to arrange their own cover I have had times when someone has arranged everything before coming to me - and I have not considered it suitable and have then found it very difficult to tactfullly say why to both parties

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)