Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Odd Thing

We opened on monday in our new setting, having had a bit of hassle getting our Ofsted certificate which they finally sent by email in the afternoon on friday.

So I thought that was all sorted out until I had a phonecall today from the lady who said she had been given the job of doing our inspection in the old setting! Fortunately she hadn't actual gone there or she might have been in a worse mood! She said we now needed to phone up and cancel the old certificate (which nobody mentioned before and I have spoken to Ofsted about 10 times in the last week!).

My question is, will she come to the new setting now, even though we have only been there for a week and only open for 3 days? We had been told by the the inspector that checked the building that it would probably be in five months from when we got the new certificate so we were a bit relaxed.

The other thing is, why was she phoning me anyway and not just turning up on our doorstep if she didn't know we had moved?

Hi does seem a little odd, as i was led to believe from What to expect at your inspections documents that they will be unannounced unless in a school or you are a childminder.

I think another little call to my lovelies maybe in the offing.

But on a lighter note how were your first few days in your new premises? xD:o

I never seem to get a final, definite answer from Ofsted no matter how often I ring them but never mind...

New premises are wonderful. We have struggled with sharing and being in somebody's way for years and now people are actually offering to do things for us! Sounds silly but the school decided to provide all our paper towels, soap and toilet rolls and even that felt like a huge weight off our shoulders.

Might even feel like valued professionals .... if Ofsted don't turn up tomorrow!

When we set up a private part of the nursery day we were told we would be Ofsteded within 5 months of the date on the certificate.

I got the certificate in April and we opened in September..........so we were totally stressed at the thought of an Inspector coming as soon as we had opened..........

However no one turned up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My head (we are attached to a primary school and go private following the end of the maintained nursery session) rang Ofsted to ask why we HADN'T been done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was told by the lady on the phone that it was a first a complaint about why a setting had not been done!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway turned out that within 5 months was normal but that they were busy and so we would probably be done with the school.

8 months after opening the Inspector came!!!

Unfortunately I did not believe the school secretary when she rang down to tell me..... but it turned out OK!!

We were then Ofsteded in the Febraury also (9 months later) with the big school inspection!!

Whatever happens.... good luck!!

Guest pamgreen

This happened to me. We left the village hall for our purpose built building. Ofsted did the checks on the new building before we moved in. They never told us to cancel the other registration. We knew that we would have an inspection after about 7 months. However an inspector turned up after about a month or two I questioned why she had come to inspect so soon. We then realised she had cone to inspect the nursery at the village hall. She was great it gave me lots of time to ask her questions and she left. Sure enough after 7months we got our proper inspection and got outstanding.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)