Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Planning - Layouts

Planning yet again xD

Can anybody please explain to me how you show literacy and numeracy etc in your planning?

Is your planning broken down into the sx areas of learning or areas of continuous provision? I will upload a lank copy of mine to show how I set mine out. I'm just struggling to prove in my planning that we do numeracy and literacy etc to parents - it's what they want but I know we do it without thinking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as right now I feel like running away and hiding :o

My outdoors is set up in a similar way too

I write down the resources and what we are doing in a box if it adult focused/led/inititated. Otherwise i just use it to make a note of what the children have been up to in each area and resources they selected

Weekly_planning_oct_2010.docx

your planning is very simular to mine....you are showing every day your planning....in the story area they could choose a book and taking it in turns each day showing each day who

chose the book or maybe 2 books to read then discuss the ask questins about the book....

From their records we work on getting activities out to move them on....i also put the planning up so parents can see that some where during the day/week we are planning something for their child .....i hope this makes some sense to you this is my first post here Planning is not my best subject.....its hars to plan for the week ahead it all has to be flexable ....children are children XXX

Welcome to the forum Lorraine

Yeah that is my thinking too - needs to be flexible, hence i usually only plan one or two activities for the week and then plan the rest of the activities following on from the children.

Just committee and parents want more structure, more numberacy and literacy despite us doing it all without thinking lol

Maybe a colour coding on the planning sheet would help them realise that things like 'sorting compare bears by colour/size' and writing lists in the garage area outdoors' etc are covering numeracy and literacy - you could do one in blue and one in green ( or CLL and PSRN) Often people who don't understand Early Years think it's like school and don't realise how many other activities cover the basics of numeracy and literacy. :o

thank you sazzj

i also only plan about 2or 3 adult led activities.....per week....thats more than enough for 2 to 4 year olds....because they may choose to pick their own activity from the self selection area,,,i hope i am making some sence..lol :oxD

Maybe a colour coding on the planning sheet would help them realise that things like 'sorting compare bears by colour/size' and writing lists in the garage area outdoors' etc are covering numeracy and literacy - you could do one in blue and one in green ( or CLL and PSRN) Often people who don't understand Early Years think it's like school and don't realise how many other activities cover the basics of numeracy and literacy. xD

I have done this in the past but not for CLL/PSRN - will start that and hopefully it will help

thank you sazzj

i also only plan about 2or 3 adult led activities.....per week....thats more than enough for 2 to 4 year olds....because they may choose to pick their own activity from the self selection area,,,i hope i am making some sence..lol :o:(

Yeap mine are the same but parents think I should force a child to take part in the adult led - i'll encourage but won't force

We plan for each of the areas we set out, with regard to children's interests and next steps, and/or things we think may extend their learning. We also have continuous provision sheets in most areas to help staff and helpers to support learning.

If it helps I have (hopefully) attached our blank planning sheets, and our blank obs notes but the continuous provision sheets I think I adapted from here!

Rachel

SHORT_TERM_PLAN_TERM_Autumn_2010_WEEK_1.docx

Look_listen_and_note.docx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)