Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Sensory Room

We are lucky enough to have a new room in our setting dedicated to sensory play.....we have been given free reigns as to how we do this....so im looking for some inspiration form you lovely people!!!! :oxD:( it needs to primarily cater to our babies and tweenies (1-2yrs) but will also be used by toddlers and preschool groups from time to time.

any ideas welcome!

jellytots

We are lucky enough to have a new room in our setting dedicated to sensory play.....we have been given free reigns as to how we do this....so im looking for some inspiration form you lovely people!!!! :oxD:( it needs to primarily cater to our babies and tweenies (1-2yrs) but will also be used by toddlers and preschool groups from time to time.

any ideas welcome!

jellytots

Depends what your budget is. I've seen one that cost around £20,000 and three others that were resourced from whatever the staff could lay their hands on.

Feely baskets, soft fabrics, christmas lights, cushions, bean bags, glitter ball, spot light, CD player with soothing music, stars on the ceiling using flourescent paint, soft balls, bubble machine, musical instruments.

The list is pretty endless to be honest :(

I would include water, with a pump so it bubbles up and over.

Find someone who works in a special school for those with autism if you can, they will know all about sensory rooms and what is best to put in them.

How lucky for you!

Thanks for the head start on ideas! Our budget isnt quite 20,000 ...... more like £100!

We were wondering whether any fibre optic lighting companies may be kind enough to donate to us!!!??!!! worth asking!!

:)

I've always wondered. Often when you see photographs of sensory rooms there are lots of those 'rope' lights that people use outdoors at Christmas. Are they just domestic lights or are they specially made for use within these sorts of rooms? I just wondered whether it would be safe to use ordinary ones? :o

Oh I have just put a similar question on to yours but our sensory room will not be seperate. I have found a company called uk mobility that was cheapish. Also somebody suggested a company called specialneedstoys. They do a bubble light with fish in in Argos for about £35 just wondering whether it would be hard wearing another for preschool or not. Hope this helps. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)