Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Social And Emotional Policy

Hi

Has anyone got a copy of this policy that i could have a peek at, please. I would like to do a rough copy to take into work on Monday so that the staff can have a look at it, discuss it and personalise it.

I have many, many policies - but not this one!!!!! So if anyone could help, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Sue J

I havent got one of those either. Wouldnt it be covered by a range of other policies? Settling in, behaviour, inclusion, equal ops.. :o

Phew! Glad you said that first Rea! xD

I don't have one either and would tend to agree that this would all be covered in other policies :(

Did someone tell you need one Sue?

Thanks for all your replies!!!!!

A member of staff went on a course and it was suggested that it might be a good idea to write up a policy.They gave her a handout from R.Andreski and S Nicholls - Nursery World. The title was Establishing a policy to support social and emotional development

It was a list of questions - for example under Love and Care -

How do we show children that we love and care for them?

At what times will they most particularly need to feel loved?

Under Freedom to Explore -

Is there space for children to let off steam?

Do we change the environment so that it is worth exploring?

And it goes on and on under 10 headings - lots of questions - I suppose they are to help set up the policy. It was so long winded, that's why I asked if anyone had one of these policies - I don't want to do yet another policy unnecesarily - we have enough.

I agree - I'll join your club as well - (didn't need much persuading :o

Sue J

Thanks for all your replies!!!!!

A member of staff went on a course and it was suggested that it might be a good idea to write up a policy.They gave her a handout from R.Andreski and S Nicholls - Nursery World. The title was Establishing a policy to support social and emotional development

It was a list of questions - for example under Love and Care -

How do we show children that we love and care for them?

At what times will they most particularly need to feel loved?

Under Freedom to Explore -

Is there space for children to let off steam?

Do we change the environment so that it is worth exploring?

And it goes on and on under 10 headings - lots of questions - I suppose they are to help set up the policy. It was so long winded, that's why I asked if anyone had one of these policies - I don't want to do yet another policy unnecesarily - we have enough.

I agree - I'll join your club as well - (didn't need much persuading :o

Sue J

AH! I was on IDP training recently, now in it's third year and covering "Behaviour, emotional and social development" and it was suggested that we check our SEN policy and if necessary add a sentance or two "We support children's emotional literacy by...." but as for a single polciy I am still in the not got and not doing club

Edited by Gezabel

reading through what is given I too think a policy too far.. most will be covered in other areas..

but feel you could use the questions to help with reflective practice... perhaps a chat at a meeting to see how you cover some of the suggestions... put in with your self evaluation stuff... need not be all of it.. just a question or two from each section...

This is making me think about my existing Behaviour and Inclusion Policies, and how inter-related they are, and how they affect people Emotionally, Personally and Personally. Having lots of issues in my setting regarding differences in what is and is not acceptable so having to re-think my policies.

I am thankful for the hint and don't think I'll be joining the club but taking it on running with it.

Many thanks

Honey

For settings that have comprehensive continuous provision planning in place that show how they promote children's PSED effectively in the various areas of the setting, I wonder if a policy would be duplicating this information?

This discussion has thrown up some great questions and points of reference for an environmental audit here, which will be useful for anyone concerned about how they currently promote PSED in their provision!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)