Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Planning For Nursery Rhymes Topic

Guest Peppa

Hi, I'm doing a short topic on nursery rhymes, bassed on the fact that a lot of children seem to like nursery rhymes, but I need a bit of inspiration for ideas!

So far I though we could make sheep out of wool and cotton wool and talk about textures, make spiders for incy wincy spider out of paper plates and children can fold paper to make zig zaggy legs, acting out humpty dumpty and recording it for children to watch back on the smart board, and making symetrical hearts by folding a heart in half, painting a pattern and folding it over to print on the other half, as well as maing heart shaped biscuits for the queen of hearts. Now I'm struggling for inspiration! I want to do something a bit different and creative that will get them excited and really enthusiastic to come and have a go!

Any help is very gratefully received!!

Thank you!

Peppa

Edited by Peppa

Guest terrydoo73

We have found the best method that works with our children is actions - we just done "I have 10 little fingers" which is brilliant for demonstration and the children love it - especially the bit were the fingers all hide. They may not know all the words but they remember the actions more than anything.

We did the queen of knaves today and boy was it hard work with the wording but once we added the actions they all responded and by the second attempt they were really joining in!

we just did humpty dumpty - children drew egg shape on yellow sugar paper and drew on his face - then we used strips of coloured card and children folded it concertina style (for his legs) and drew shoes to staple or stick on the bottom then staple or stick the leg to the egg body - on the display board I drew a wall and stuck the humptys on - simple but looks really effective

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)