Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Home Corner

was browsing fro something else and came across these.. don't know how they would hold up to group play but they look more interesting than the plastic stuff I always hated..

What did you find Inge? When I followed your link it wouldn't open proprely and the all I could see was a matress and a drill, the drill certainly looks more exciting than a plastic one but I'm assuming it wasn't what you had in mind?

When you click on the link, look at the menu bar on the right and click on toys - lots of exciting things turn up - must see if I can get some for Nursery.

when I go I get some toys come up...

lets try this one.. toys

if it fails to work go to toys and there are some lovely new items.. particularly the food ones.. machine washable and tumble dry cloth based items..

veggies in a box, fruit in a basket.. a dessert set, and a breakfast set.

I always hated the plastic stuff but found real ended up being poked into tiny holes and irretrievable or left for weeks hidden in a corner unseen... we did use it but had to be really careful with supervision and checks when we did not always have time for it. thought this could be a good compromise..

Edited by Inge

Love them, the food looks really inviting to touch or eat good job it's washable too.

I do like having real things too but have had the same problems Inge.

Last year we managed real cutlery and crockery, and occasionally food, it was wonderful to see how differently they played with it. Sadly this year we have a couple of very determined throwers and smashers so they have gone for now.

I've picked them up and put them down many times. I thought they were a tad expensive for the size of them.Great for the under 3's or home use. I have a full set of patterns for knitted food but never got around to finding someone who will knit them!

I've picked them up and put them down many times. I thought they were a tad expensive for the size of them.Great for the under 3's or home use. I have a full set of patterns for knitted food but never got around to finding someone who will knit them!

now they sound interesting! where did you get the patterns, biccy?

Nona

there are lots of free knitted food patterns in internet..

my SIL knitted the Jean Greenhowe ones for our setting...

also some found on the following sites

knitting - bee

trulyscrumptious

knitting pattern central

or have your cake and eat it!

squidoo play food but some of the links on this site no longer exist..

Edited by Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)