Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Naught Bus By Jan Oke

My school are having a book week and i was thinking of doing he naught bus with my reception

Just wondering if anyone looked at this book before and suggestions of what i could do around the book. I don't wnat to go too much off in a transport direction as we have already done a topic on transport as my boys are train mad.

I have already thought about doing bus pictures and making junk model buses and towns, having beans in the tuff tray and the blocks in the buildrrs tray so can make a town like in the book. Number - people waiting at bus stop how mnay can get on bus, making up their own bus adventures and videoing them (we did this with superheroes and they loved it).

any more suggestions would be greately apprechiated, thank you in advance

Emma

I have been on a course about this specific book and there are terms and terms worth of work in the story!

Get the children to become their favourite toy (make headbands) and have them act out waiting at the bus stop and the bus zooming past them. Get them to build toy town and knock it down overnight (of course it wasn't you, it was the naughty bus and he's left a note!) This can lead on to lots of lovely role play as policeman finding clues and recording evidence, plus lots of PSHE work on why the bus is being naughty and how we can stop him and make him nice. Then there's all the adventures in the pond; reflections, underwater worlds, floating and sinking etc. There's so much you can do that if I carry on you'll wish you had a whole term to spend on this book!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)