Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Michael Morpurgo Lecture

Did anyone see Michael Morpurgo's 'lecture' on the Richard Dimbleby lecture programme on BBC last night ? How inspiring -really is a must see, hopefully will be available on the internet soon.

I've just gone to Teachers TV to see if it's there, and only just discovered that the Department of Education has cancelled their contract with Teachers TV - yet another cut !

Sam

Edited by Guest

It was an excellent lecture he spoke so well I didn't realise how much time had passed! Michael is a true advocate for children's childhood if only the government would listen to him. Very powerful lecture!

Lorna

I almost didnt bother and so was glad that I did. Such shocking revelations regarding Gaza, America not ratifying the Childrens rights charter and our own treatment of refugee children. Human rights gets a lot of attention but children dont seem to be counted.

Such sensible advice to any government regarding our own childrens education too.

Really glad I watched it.

Just watched it online - excellent and useful as my unit for my BA top up is Children in Crisis , looking at the crises globally that affect children and the impact and violation of thier basic rights by this happening. All very thought provoking and sometimes quite upsetting stuff but unfortunatley one that is often swept under the carpet, thank goodness for people like Micheal Morpurgo who tell it how it is. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)