Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Literacy

• 3 weeks later...

hi

sorry just realised that i think you may mean KRM/ERR??? It has been called many things in the past ERR/ERP and now KRM. I have used the scheme since 2004 and it has changed a bit but the principle and overall 'lesson' is the same. It does work not for all children i feel and the company that do this probably will not like it but i then do some other things for where it is not working (i.e. ideas for letters and sounds/jolly phonics where a child may need an action to remeber a sound). You have to adapt it to make it your own and what works in your class. They want you to do the lesson of 15mins 3 times a day way too much all teacher led so i do 2 sessionsof this i do one with a big book showing the skills we have just learnt like sounds out word and belnding, looking for the sight words we have learnt or looking for new sounds children have been introduced to i then do not do another big book which is what they want i use it to do handwriting/writing/spelling skills writing the sounds which has worked great.

It does work we have fantastic results my head wasn't that keen (when he started last year) then saw the results and really couldn't say stop doing it plus it is a lot of money invested in the training. I do like it but as i have said we have adapted some things and make it suit our classroom and our children. We follow it in yr r,1, and 2.

with the reading they are all for using story books so no scheme books which we are fine with in our school. It is educating parents that a biff and chip book is not every thing and yes they may not be able to read all of dear zoo but they could sound a word out or know a sight word. Parents like the security of knowing what level they are on and how it shows progression and the most important to some comparing what level they are on in the playground!!!

if you would like to know anymore message me

XX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)