Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Staffing Structure

Just wondered what job titles people use.....

We have

Supervisor

Deputy Supervisor

Pre-school assistant

but now we have just employed 2 more member of staff, who will be working just a few hours a week, they won't have key children and will be very new to the role, although both have 'helped out' at lunchtimes.

These two members of staff are now to be considered 'proper' staff and not just helpers, they will be learning more about the EYFS, observations, training courses, etc., the emphasis has very much changed from 'just another adult' to a full staff member supporting the children.

However, I think there should be some distinction between our Pre-school assistant who is studying Level 2 and has 4 year's experience and these ladies.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how their titles can be different whilst reflecting their role and experience?

Thank you!!

we had pre-school staff for unqualified / new until they had a level 2... then we used similar to you.. (ours was manager and deputy, assistant, staff.. and we had apprentices as well.. )

practitioner? but to me it really describes all who work with the children..

Edited by Inge

We have talked about this quite a lot in our setting. In the end we agreed on:-

Senior Early Years Practitioner - Level 6

Early Years Practitioner - Level 3

Assistant Early Years Practitioner - Level 2/unqualified.

Bit academic for us now, but the theory was there!

We have

Managing Supervisor

Deputy Supervisor

Qualified key people (who are Senco and CPLP)

unqualified key people

and support staff.

When I started support staff were paid 'helpers' there to cut templates, clean up the paint pots etc. Now we no longer have templates(!), since I started their role has changed and they sound very much like the people you have taken on, there to be learn more about the roles in general, and SUPPORT where needed, with the children or the adults depending on what needs doing. They do not have key children

HTH

I have manager, deputy manager, SENCO's CP Officer then 3 staff as assistants. they are all NVQ 3's so we just differentiate between job rolls and titles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)