Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Cll Observation

Anybody got any bright ideas for a cll session lasting 25 mins to a whole class of 20-25 pupils for interview. Am new here so testing the waters for ideas ....its so broad dont even know where to start!!!!! Arrrrrghhhh!!!

L x

I've been in your shoes and it's a nightmare trying to think of something whizzy when you don't know the children. For my interview for my present job I took in a pair of wacky glasses which I had made and decorated with glitter, sequins, rainbow colours etc and spun a story about how early this morning I was woken up by a strange giggling noise and I went downstairs and out into the garden and saw some tiny footprints on the grass and found this box (I span this out for ages) we then talked about what could be in the box. Then I opened the box and gave them a peep of the glasses by this stage they were desperate to know what was in my box. I then showed them the glasses which had a note on them saying something like 'please look after my magical glasses I will be back soon to collect them' we discussed who the glasses belonged to and how they could be magical etc and 'put them on and you will see the world very differently' I then tried on the glasses and imagined what I could see. We finished by the children sitting in a circle and trying on the glasses and describing what they could see through them. I only had 20 mins and this was just right for the time frame I had. I knew it had gone down well when after the session at coffee time the teacher asked if she could borrow the glasses for the rest of the day for CI time as the children couldn't stop talking about them.

Hope that helps and sparks you off with an idea

good luck

Deb

Hi laulou0

Firstly welcome to the forum :o

I just a good place to start is with something you like and can therefore be really enthused about as enthusiasm can be infectious...fun always helps too.

For further ideas do a forum search....as a newbie let me show you how;

Top right hand corner blue tab 'Search forum posts'

Click in link and put in key word or words

Click on search and hey presto!

I entered the words CLL observation and got the following list here

Some may not be relevant but worth flicking through for a few ideas.

Good luck

Sue

Hi Deb.....what a lovely session that was thank you so much for sharing it....its really helped may try it out with my current class tomorrow and see how it goes !!!!!!

Hi laulou0

Firstly welcome to the forum :o

I just a good place to start is with something you like and can therefore be really enthused about as enthusiasm can be infectious...fun always helps too.

For further ideas do a forum search....as a newbie let me show you how;

Top right hand corner blue tab 'Search forum posts'

Click in link and put in key word or words

Click on search and hey presto!

I entered the words CLL observation and got the following list here

Some may not be relevant but worth flicking through for a few ideas.

Good luck

Sue

Sue thanks for your advise once i get going on here i think it will be a great source of support! Is a real boost to get a response much appreciated! xD

Sue thanks for your advise once i get going on here i think it will be a great source of support! Is a real boost to get a response much appreciated! :o

You are welcome...it is unusual for someone not to get a response of some description on the FSF....the members try and answer all the new topics, keeps them busy for sure xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)