Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

People Who Keep Us Healthy

hi, am looking for some inspiration for this topic and cant seem to find anything when i search - am maybe doing it wrong tho :o

so far have thought about - Funnybones, hospital /medical role play, talking about brushing teeth, drawing x rays using back paper chalks... does anyone have any other ideas please

many thanks xD

What about food shops, with a choosing healthy options. Can lead to lots of discussions on what is and what isn't considered healthy.

How about physical activities such as the gym, swimming, running, going for a walk, dancing classes, football lessons and the instructors roles.

Not sure if any of these are worth exploring.

Oh, could you do a visit to local pharmacy? Get Health Visitor/Achool Nusrse In? Dental outreach if they have it in your area? Healhty cooking session for parents too?

And, just because this is my pet subject, a breastfeeding mother?

A baby to visit and be bathed (by the Mum/Dad)

Testing a range of saops to find out which cleans a stain best

A 'walk to the setting' day and a trail of footprints made by the children who have walked

Growing salad and other vegetables

Preparing salads and fruit salads

Make a salad dressing from yoghurt, cucumber and mint

Visit a farm or allotments

Good luck

Gruffalo2

My little boys have been on a trip to the local opticians (role play then became opticians).

Also, as a childminder I have access to a box of dental health resources - big set of teeth, big toothbrush, crocodile theme, books etc). Lots of fun and games. Expect there must be resources like that available to schools too.

Honey

wow what a lot of great answers xD thank you all so much , have to fly now but will read and comment properly later

many many thanks :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)