Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Hen And Egg Writing

Hi

Does anyone have any great ideas for writing focus for reception - the topic is farms and the children are leading up to getting the eggs/chicks and incubator after the holidays - the class is 30 mixed ability including 3 SEN

Any ideas greatly appreciated

xxx

How about getting the children to write a letter to the 'farm' to ask if they could have some eggs.

I am doing caterpillars/butterflies at the mo. I showed the children the Insectlore catalogue and then got the higher abilty writers to write a letter to the head teacher to ask if we could buy them for our class. They had to think of reasons why they wanted them. We then put them into a large envelope 2 children delivered it to the head's office.

We have also made flap books to write about the life cycle of a frog, you could do this with the egg/hen life cycle for those who are on letters/single words.

thanks for those ideas x

Am also thinking about continuous provision I can offer - it is so difficult to plan when you don't know the children or classroom or resources

Obviously wil put farm small world out - any more creative ideas? Do you think if they have asked me to focus on writing all children should be doing writing???

Our interest this half-term has been farming and animals too. Following a visit to our local county council run farm, we have set up a Farmers market with produce, tills, mark making tools, they have made posters with key words, prices of goods.

We have now expanded this by having a Farmers cafe, within this they are now making healthy sandwiches from the discussions on produce.

Lots of opportunities to mark make, and write, not sure this is any help. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)