Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Reception Induction Materials

Hello all

I had a meeting with our new head and surprise surprise she does not like any of out induction materials!

I was just wondering if any one sent home an information book for parents and children to share e.g. includes school times, uniform, day to day routines ( I suppose a more thinned down version of the prospectus) and if anyone sends home a little activity book e.g. fill in fav book, brothers and sisters and special friends etc... she said our looked dated- there is just no point arguing so if any body has anything they would be willing to share I would be very grateful. Thanks, i think i might just give up

Oh, great think I might be in similar position soon, have new head from September. We have a meeting where we give boolet with general info. then another meeting where info is more curriculum based. Informative with some simple childrens drawings to illustrate. Parents reviews were positiv. Also send children home with a photo book we've made when they come for a visit. Simple book with captions, toilets, dinner time, play time, cloakroom, assembly picture, PE etc. Put on a spiral binding and their name on the front. Parents and children love them. Don't knpw if that's any help, often wonder what others do so will be following thread closely.

Good luck.

Oh, great think I might be in similar position soon, have new head from September. We have a meeting where we give boolet with general info. then another meeting where info is more curriculum based. Informative with some simple childrens drawings to illustrate. Parents reviews were positiv. Also send children home with a photo book we've made when they come for a visit. Simple book with captions, toilets, dinner time, play time, cloakroom, assembly picture, PE etc. Put on a spiral binding and their name on the front. Parents and children love them. Don't knpw if that's any help, often wonder what others do so will be following thread closely.

Good luck.

Oh yes we DID send home a photo booklet but 'what is the point in that, I mean why do they want a picture of the toilets, the hall' etc etc etc, shall I go on- nothing is good enough EVER

Hi I am just updating our booklet now it has in it general school info eg times of day, school uniform, breaktimes, dinnertime. A list of things that parents can do to prepare their children for school eg be able to dress and undress, go to the toilet themselves, blow their nose, tidy away their toys etc It also has a section about how parents can help their child before school in terms of reading writing and maths skills. we suggest things like painting with water, chalking etc. We show them correct pencil grip for left and right in a photo and the correct way to form letters for those children who have already expressed an interest in writing. At the end of the book, we suggest a list of good quality children's stories that they could borrow from the library.

My daughter's school had a lovely idea that in the summer holidays before they go to school, they asked the children to make a treasure box at home by decorating their first school shoe box and then putting in it treasures from their holidays which could be anything from a shell to a postcard or leaflet of somewhere they've visited they then talked about their treasure boxes at the beginning of the year with each other. I am borrowing this idea and will be asking this of my new children.

hope that helps

Debbie

My daughter's school had a lovely idea that in the summer holidays before they go to school, they asked the children to make a treasure box at home by decorating their first school shoe box and then putting in it treasures from their holidays which could be anything from a shell to a postcard or leaflet of somewhere they've visited they then talked about their treasure boxes at the beginning of the year with each other. I am borrowing this idea and will be asking this of my new children.

hope that helps

Debbie

we have a local school who does similar.. only they visit the preschool and give the child a paper bag to decorate there before thye leave.. the child then puts in on item over the holidays from home or holiday with help of parent, and they take that to school first day to share.. sort of link from pres-school, home and school as all have a part in it..

as to booklets etc try a forum search think this may have been discussed before and there may be examples to see.. comes up at intervals..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)