Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

E210 - Extending Professional Practice In The Early Years

Anyone else registering for this course, starting on October? It is the one that replaces E215 and it will be the last bit I need to do for my Foundation degree. I am very worried about fitting it in with work commitments (I have moved from early years setting to year one, so a whole new curriculum too!).

Anyone who studied E215 can you give me any tips to help me prepare and maybe an overview of what it entailed and what you thought of it?

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

Hi, I have just sent finished E215, I sent ECA last week.

I have to be honest and say that I did not enjoy the course and found it very hard going at times.

Throughout each block you carry out investigations using the mosaic approach. You are gathering information from child conferencing, observations, tours etc to find out what it is like for a child at your setting. Alongside the TMA's you also have EYCLO's and RLO's these are recoding forms similar to NVQ's if you have done any. You have to meet criteria and provide evidence showing how you meet it, a confirmer has to sign these sheets to say they have seen your evidence. It was this part of the course that I did not enjoy, it seemed very repetitive and time consuming.

The ECA or EMA as I think it has changed now, draws together all of your research and helps you to identify areas for development etc.

There are also forum conferences that you have to participate in so that you can reference them in your TMA's but this part I found ok, maybe a little daunting at first but everyone was in the same boat.

Advice to prepare would be to find a suitable study space, you will need room for your evidence file etc, if you have any other big jobs that need doing try and get them done before you start (it feels like my life has been on hold - lol). Try and get as organised as possible, if you have a holiday etc whilst the course is on try and get a little ahead with the reading.

Good Luck

Carol xx

Thank you so much Carol, that is very helpful! I did do E115 so know what the EYCLO's are and how time consuming they are too! Can't imagine doing RLO's on tope of them!

At least I know now to read up and refresh myself about the Mosaic approach. I'll also dig out E115 to see if anything is still in date that I can use too!

Thanks again xxx

I was a transfer student so the dreaded EYCLO's & RLO's were new to me!!

There are only 3 RLO's, so not too many more!

Carol x

Thank you so much Carol, that is very helpful! I did do E115 so know what the EYCLO's are and how time consuming they are too! Can't imagine doing RLO's on tope of them!

At least I know now to read up and refresh myself about the Mosaic approach. I'll also dig out E115 to see if anything is still in date that I can use too!

Thanks again xxx

I'm also registered for E210 in October and my E105 Tutor said that 'Listening to Children' by Alison Clark would be a good book to read up on prior to starting the coure.

Bought it but haven't started reading it yet!!

Good Luck -looking forward to it!

I'm also registered for E210 in October and my E105 Tutor said that 'Listening to Children' by Alison Clark would be a good book to read up on prior to starting the coure.

Bought it but haven't started reading it yet!!

Good Luck -looking forward to it!

That's great, I'll have a study buddy yay! I do have that book and will re-read it again to refresh my memory!

Thanks x

That's great, I'll have a study buddy yay! I do have that book and will re-read it again to refresh my memory!

Thanks x

I have been involved in the development of E210 and you can forget EYCLOs :( they have been replaced by something else (and in my opinion better!) and there are only 7 instead of 12. (Actually off the top of my head I can't quite remember whether it is 6 or 7!)

Having studied E215 years ago in its first presentation and having seen the new course I almost envy you :o I LOVE E210 it's bang up to date and a huge amount of time and effort has gone into its development and I am thrilled it has reached the stage of being presented to students. (I only played a tiny part along the way but loved every minute of being involved)

Overall as well as updating content and including some new stuff the course has kind of 'streamlined' all the paper work involved and there is now considerably less xD

HOpe you enjoy it and would love to hear what you think of it

Thank you so much Gezabel, that is so helpful! I am so glad that there will be less paperwork as E115 was ridiculous the amount there was! I am really looking forward to starting now :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)