Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Reception Classroom Risk Assessment

Hi all, I may have put this in the wrong section so apologies if I have. I have been asked by my head to provide a risk assessment for my classroom and all the equipment in it and I just don't know where to start. I have a risk assessment for my outside area but didn't know that it was a requirement for the classroom too. Does anyone have a completed one for their classroom that I can look at and adapt?We are expecting the phonecall any minute now and I am up to my eyes in paperwork so I would be very grateful of anything that would speed up the job!

Deb

At our school a group of governors has responsibility for carrying out risk assessments of all outside and inside areas (including classrooms). They walk around and carry out an inspection a couple of times a year and in between times if anyone notices anything they consider a health and safety issue they report it to the Headteacher. Teachers are responsible for doing risk assessments for any activities with a health/safety concern (eg cooking) and of course for any trips/visits.

Hope that helps.

I was asked to produce a risk assessment for the indoor and outdoor area. I've attached these. We sign if things are ok and write on if there were any issues and who these were reported to. One is weekly and one daily.

Ofsted commented on these and how any necessary risks are identified and dealt with.

indoor_assessments1.doc

outdoor_assessments1.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)