Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Lovely Week - Father's Day

This week we have had a 'bring your daddy (and mummy, grandparents, aunties, uncles.....) to pre-school week'.

We did it last year but this year we have been bursting at the seams with around 8 to 12 families coming in each day with today bringing 14! Not at all bad when we have 90 families attending pre-school.

It has been such a success and we have all had a wonderful week. The dad's that came threw themselves into the junk modelling, I'm not sure who had more fun, the children or the dad's! Lots of mums and grandparents too and today an uncle. Fabulous!

This week we have had a 'bring your daddy (and mummy, grandparents, aunties, uncles.....) to pre-school week'.

We did it last year but this year we have been bursting at the seams with around 8 to 12 families coming in each day with today bringing 14! Not at all bad when we have 90 families attending pre-school.

It has been such a success and we have all had a wonderful week. The dad's that came threw themselves into the junk modelling, I'm not sure who had more fun, the children or the dad's! Lots of mums and grandparents too and today an uncle. Fabulous!

Fantastic!! I hope you got lots of photos!!

Well done - that's a great response!

I'm glad yours was good, ours was rather spoiled by a Mum saying that the gift her daughter had made for 'significant person of her choice' (No Dad about) was going 'straight in't bin as it's a load of junk'. I said "That's ok, it can stay here and live on our windowsill and look pretty, ok?" to daughter who was filling up. Honestly, some people!

Thats really sad, we once had a parent that made a comment about her child's painting being a load of rubbish and preceded to put it into the large bins outside.

Our Supervisor at the time spoke to her the next day, ask how she would like it if something she had made was disposed of, and that each creation should be valued, hasten to say to our knowledge she didn't do it again. xD:o

Yes lots of photos! I think one camera had 600 photos on it :o

We had a simliar experience Cait - we do the footprints poem with the child's feet under. The mum refused to take it for the child's dad.

Most of them came in at 9-30 and stayed for at least an hour. One told his wife he'd stay half an hour and was still having fun two hours later!

isn't it great when you have positive moments like that Laura...makes up for those negative ones! we had dads (or others!) reading week. We were well supported in the mornings but no volunteers for the afternoon....so one of the morning mums volunteered her husband to come back and read for us :( ..he was fab (apparently works for social services dealing with very difficult cases in the 10-16 year old ages! :( ) ...he just loved it and had them all transfixed...which considering nearly half my children have EAL is a bit of an achievement xD . whereas the staff rather liked tuesday dad who had the most fab deep voice ...the sort of treacle like voice you could listen to for hours :o

We too had some lovely visits this week, but one little boy made me laugh when he told dad after about ten minutes that it was time for him to go. He even went as far as to say "You'll be ok - I'll wave to you through the window"! Poor dad was really looking forward to playing for the morning bu the boy wasn't having any of it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)