Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Age Appropriate Role Play

Hello

Am looking for some advice. I am taking over a KS1 class in a speech and language unit soon. Our first topic is 'ourselves' and I am thinking about role play areas. One of the children is remaining in the KS1 class. Although he is chronologically a year 4, his academic progress is more in line with lower KS1. I was thinking of doing a home corner for the role play (as other children in the class would benefit from this) but I am not sure if it is age appropriate for the older child - does it give him enough scope to explore?

Does anyone have any feelings on this or bright ideas for something different?

Thank you!

Natterer x

I'd say home corner would be your safest bet to start with because it's really easy to adapt and add to, like suebear said. When you get to know him and he's shown you what his interests are you might decide to change it to something else.

All the children will be familiar with 'home' and so will know how to play in a home corner so it will be a nice way to help them all settle in too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)