Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Scrapbooks

Guest terrydoo73

Guest terrydoo73

I am looking to buy a good 50 page scrapbook for each of the children who attend our Playgroup but am having difficulty finding a cheap source - most come in at two pounds a time and I think these are ridiculous price - is there somewhere I can buy say like 50 in bulk??

When you say for each of the children , do you mean for their personal use, i.e. cutting anything sticking it in, or for learning journeys? There is a company called the Consortium which you can find on the web which many people on here use.

Personally, we use A4 folders and plastics for our learning journeys as they offer more flexibility.

Guest terrydoo73

It was a suggestion made by our Development Officer. We don't have Learning Journey's as such in Northern Ireland but use photos as a way of observation. The Development Officer felt it would be good idea to put these in a scrapbook with a little comment by ourselves and then present it at the end of the year to the parents. We will also be putting in things like their first painted or craft picture, things they maybe collect on a scavage hunt etc etc. We will be still using an A4 folder for the observations on each child but this will be kept by us as workers to go through with parents and also for ourselves to develop the next stages in their development etc

These are 40 pages long. A3 size. 54p each exc. vat: Scrap Books

I use them to keep everything to do with the child. This includes short observations (on stickers), photos, long observations (A4 stapled in), individual learning plans (also stapled in), parent observations (booklet stapled in) and artwork/writing examples.

Everything is kept in date order to show progression.

When it comes to sharing with parents, we only need to show them the one book.

Edited by millhill

Guest terrydoo73

Thanks for your replies - so quick! I have placed an order with Consortium. A pack of 50 with the VAT and postage charge works out at 64p each so I think that is quite reasonable and we will have enough to do us for a couple of years!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)