Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Child-friendly Topic Title Needed

Hi!

I am 'planning' to introduce the topic of 'Our Senses' in September, but would like to use a more child-friendly title. Does anyone have any good ideas?

I am re-vamping my planning and for the long-term I have thought about 'Toys', 'Bags and boxes', 'Seeds', 'Water' and 'Shells'.

That said, I would really like to have some exciting topics this coming year; so, does anyone have any really good tried and tested ideas for topics that comes with a 'child-friendly' title?! :o

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I am 'planning' to introduce the topic of 'Our Senses' in September, but would like to use a more child-friendly title. Does anyone have any good ideas?

I am re-vamping my planning and for the long-term I have thought about 'Toys', 'Bags and boxes', 'Seeds', 'Water' and 'Shells'.

That said, I would really like to have some exciting topics this coming year; so, does anyone have any really good tried and tested ideas for topics that comes with a 'child-friendly' title?! :o

Thanks in advance!

Hi, quick thought, what about "Me and my super powers !" ,or Super Me!" and their senses are their super powers? I do All creatures great and small and I get the children to suggest the animals we are going to find out about, also the Super heros ,which we include people who help us.I like your other ideas for topics,I may use them, but am waiting to see what the children are interested in.I know alot of the boys like Buzzlight year, so I like toys or space topic may have to be covered. Hope this is helpful.

I'm also revamping Reception class themes and topics, especially after reading the useful ideas on that abc does a blog site - keep things broad as possible so you can react to children's interests seems to be the main thrust of it all. I tried this a bit during summer term 2. Scary, but it did engage more children, especially those lovely boys who can smell a pencil a mile off!

I'm also starting the term with an 'ourselves' theme - but, in light of all the recent events around us I will be incorporating 'us/our community' into this - to generate more of a community feeling and ethos - my class will consist of 1/3rd a.m. nursery - 1/3 p.m. nursery and 1/3rd new to our school, so we are creating a new community really.

Also going to incorporate parental/family involvement as part of this - with a fortnightly community cafe for invited guests - children to do all the invites/menus/cooking/waiting on etc - reading the menus to guests and clearing up after - phonics with a purpose, everything on the menu to start with 'satpin'!

I watched a fab programme in teachers tv - Libby's little tigers, all about this sense of community, worth 15 minutes of anyone's time to watch it!

Good luck and have a fab term

Jenni

PS - anyone out there struggling to make phonics phun (!) - I got a fab book from that well know book site - amazin! - stuffed full of ideas - written by Gill Coulson and Lynn Cousins - Games, ideas and activities for EY phonics - does what it says on the cover. Enjoy!

Hi, quick thought, what about "Me and my super powers !" ,or Super Me!" and their senses are their super powers? I do All creatures great and small and I get the children to suggest the animals we are going to find out about, also the Super heros ,which we include people who help us.I like your other ideas for topics,I may use them, but am waiting to see what the children are interested in.I know alot of the boys like Buzzlight year, so I like toys or space topic may have to be covered. Hope this is helpful.

I love your ideas! Will certainly include 'Me and my super powers' and 'All creatures great and small'! Many thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)