Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Resources For Outside

hello,

can anyone suggest where I can buy signs (i.e number lines etc) to put in the outside area?

I have tried printing and laminating my own but they don't last long in the weather!

I have found a website but the resources seem very expensive.

Thank you very much

we found that when laminating if you had the picture about an inch smaller all round than the pocket so there was a wide edge laminated without any paper/card in it lasted a lot longer outside... I just made several at once , we also had some on hooks with a small ribbon tied onto top of the picture which came in each day.

we had a number line made up of small t shirts with a number printed on them.. I used an iron-on printing paper to do them, and a washing line with pegs to put them on... these went in a box and came in each day , lasted ages... ( I asked parents for the outgrown t-shirts, but did find some in a local shop for 50p each at the time... )

Thank you everyone for your help. I am new to this forum and am not very good at working out how to reply to your posts, so hope you all get this!

Many thanks again

Hi

my first posting but here goes- I had the same problem with laminating as the water did get in eventually. What I did do is buy a pyrography pen from amazon at a cost of £17. This allowed me to write on wooden discs and hang those up- I did a numberline and days of the week which are held up with string (after just drilling a hole in the wood). Sounds like a lot of work but it does not take that much longer than designing-printing and laminating. I have asked parents who have woodburners at home to save me bits so I can always have a supply of signs which look much better than everything being wrapped in plastic.

Good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)