Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Individual Portfolios

We are having problems building up portfolios for all of our children that are user friendly and not too time consuming. We record all assessments on target tracker software. Has anybody used 'Look what I can do' portfolios, produced by Leapfrog learning, that have Foundation stage profile scales written in user-friendly language and does anybody know of anything similar for the stepping stones that we could use in the Nursery? How do you use those post-it notes without having to rewrite them in portfolios/records etc.?

I would be very grateful for any help or advice.

Thankyou,

Ruthanne :o

I use lots of photo's and always write straight into the portfolio's. If you are using post it notes you shouldn't be rewriting but just sticking them in as they are. Another option is to use stickers. However, in recent times I have started to write much less - be very certain about what it is you are writing it up for and then write what is relevant for your purposes. :)

Guest alisonjayne

We write straight in the portfolio. Also use labels and put these straight in afterwards. The less writing up later the better.

Ali

Thank you very much for the help. Do you mean the paper portfolios for the profile when you say portfolios and what format do you use for stepping stone portfolios? We are really struggling!

Ruthanne

We have recently had this discussion too!

We have devised what we call snapshot forms. We corrupted one that is recommended by our EYDCP. We have target activities that are recorded on a planning sheet and then transferred to summary sheets but we record general obs on these (attached). They may be related to the Target or a random sentence or action that we want to record. These are then mounted on coloured paper and made into a book also containing pictures done by and photos of the child.

Hope that makes sense

Snapshot_Observation_Sheet.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)