Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Ideas For A Teddy Bear's Picnic

Hi everyone,

I am a graduate teacher (GT) on placement in a nursery children aged 3-4. Our topic this term has been bear stories. To end the topic I have planned to have a teddy bear's next Friday. The children will be bringing in their teddy bears and we will be making sandwiches, cakes etc. We will have our picnic at the end of the session.

I am looking for some other activities and ideas to use around the classroom, on this day, linked to bears/teddy bears picnic. Have any of you done this before? What activities worked well? Any ideas you have greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

Jo jo

When we did this in pre-school some while ago now, we had pictures of as many "VIP" bears as we could find dotted around. When the children brought in their own bears, we made bear passports, the children with adult help painted their bears, we cut out bear shaped sandwiches, we went on a bear hunt - we had a reasonable big bear hidden away for them to find, as well as playing it in the garden with the children choosing to hunt or be bears themselves. Invites, bear bunting to hang up, we had competition with parents to find out the oldest bear they had. There's a good story about children taking their bears into school and the headteacher judging whose bear is the most loved which is a lovely story, I don't know if you have come across it, hopefully link below will take you there and I love all the Mr. Bear stories, by Debi Gilori they are brilliant! One of the girls designed a paper outfit for her bear, it was obviously very simple, but she was delighted when we were able to help her fit it onto her bear. We compared all the bears for size, textures, colours etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u...Most+Loved+Bear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)