Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Parents Questionnaire

Guest terrydoo73

Guest terrydoo73

We have been open a year and are wondering if now would be the time to do a Parents Questionnaire? We have 6 children who started with us between January and June last year and are still with us and will be moving onto Primary School in September this year. We have a very open policy with parents who will tell us as it is and although we have had meetings with them in 2011 where they were given the opportunity to raise any issues of concern but obviously nothing was said.

Do you use a Parents Questionnaire?

How often do you use this?

What areas do you cover in your Questionnaire?

Are you specific in questions you ask?

Is your Questionnaire anonymous?

Finally would anyone be prepared to share an example of their Parent Questionnaire?

Hi Terrydoo, I send out a parent questionnaire annually to seek feedback on aspects of provision and this is done by giving parents the option to remain anonymous if they wish. I have also sent parent questionnaires out relating to specific aspects (transition to pre-school and transition to school - how well we support their child). I have found it a really good way of gaining feedback from parents and from the feedback I speak to my staff team and decide what ways to enhance. Might be something very simple which a parent has suggested, I make sure I feedback in my newsletter what has been enhanced. I also do questionnaires which are child friendly version with the children who attend the breakfast and after school sessions to gain their views. With the younger children I encourage this via mind maps and via each key person's group talking and thinking floorbooks. Here are a couple of examples of questionnaires for you to adapt if you wish

parents_questionnaire.doc

transition_to_setting.docx

Edited by meridian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)