Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

New Topic Title For 'people Who Help Us'

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping that you can help me...

The children love playing 'bobbys' (police) and playing doctors so I want to do a people who help us topic next but the topic name sounds BORING! Has anyone got a better name for the topic??

Thank you in advance,

Sarah x

I quite like 'blues and twos'. Any other suggestions anyone?

Also does anyone have any exciting things they have done under this topic umbrella? I've got the obvious: visits from the police and fire engine, doctors role play inside, fire station role play outside, also thought we could do a week on vets (my children love animals). Any other ideas??

Sarah xx

Guest katie84

Hey,

We did this topic and we also tried to think of a more exciting name! We came up with Caring, Sharing and Daring! However I have to say this year we went back to people who help us! Still a fab topic to do with the class - they all loved it! We had a 'secret agent' write to them and set them a challenge to crack all the clue words - linked this to opticians and having to design and make wacky disguise glasses. They had different clues hidden around the school which they had to find and read to work out where the next one was and then work out the clue word. Was fabulous - promoted lots of writing especially boys and fab creative elements for outside like creating traps etc!

Anyway have fun, hope that helps a bit.

x

Ah that sounds great thank you, any chance that you would be able to share some example of the types of clues you had??

xx

Guest katie84

Yer sure I will try and attach something....when I work out how! Basically what I did was to have a letter arrive with top secret on the envelope (always starts the excitement!) Then in the letter the first clue is given and tells them where to look first - you have to have a wonderful TA like mine who goes and places all the clues around the school for you! Then the children (in certain groups) go on the hunt with disguises on. It normally has things like... Look on top of the bin, Look at the pegs, Look on the door for outside, go to the train....etc The clues were differentiated for my groups and I have also made a set of clues that have a common letter sound in them - this is what the children have to work out so they are getting a clue sound per group and this then makes a word.

Is fab and the children still talk about the secret agent if a letter or parcel arrives in class now!

I will try and work out how to send an attachment of the clues for you and then you can adapt for your setting.

X

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)