Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Fees To Charge For School Holiday Care?

Hi everyone

Have had my Ofsted visit, got my registration certificate & all ready to go! Hooray!!!!

Can anyone advise me on what to charge for a 10year old who needs school holiday care? I have tried looking at local websites and nurseries that offer holiday schemes but unable to find out prices so far........

My standard fees are £3.50 per hour for day care but only charge £3 per hour for wrap around care i.e. before and after school. This is mainly because I live in a village and the primary school offers a choice of breakfast club £2.50 per child then siblings half price and a private nursery also offers wrap around care at £3.25.

I have 3 of my own children aged 10, 9 & 5 so in a way my eldest will love having another 10yr old to play with in the school hols! However I need to keep my business head on & yet remain competitive to other holiday schemes around too.

Perhaps I should charge per day rather than per hour...........the child in question would probably attend 9am-3pm

Cheers

Allyson

I would charge your normal hourly rate because you are going to give this child the same high standard of care you will be offering to all of the others. If you're concerned about being competitive produce a leaflet outlining what you do for older children and word it in a way which makes the benefits of being in a home based setting with a family atmosphere very clear.

• Like 2

Have had my Ofsted visit, got my registration certificate & all ready to go! Hooray!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am very envious, have been waiting and waiting for Ofsted to ring... thought I'd be up and running by now :( How long did it take for you to become registered?

Good luck and enjoy your new career x

I have been really lucky as it has only taken me 5 weeks from completing a registration form to recieving my certificate. However I must say that I am an experienced practitioner with early years first aid in place, safeguarding, CPD, Level 3 CCLD and endless CRB's!!!!! Not sure if this has helped to speed up my appication but hey hang on in there & message me if I can be of any help.......

Have had a couple of requests for childminding already but hoping once word gets around business will flourish.

Cheers

Allyson X

I charge £3 per hour for school holiday care (over 5's) and my normal rate is £3.75. I have to do this to remain competitive! Good luck with your new business, I ahve been childminding for 11 years and still loving it! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Guest amandal

Be careful about charging £3 per hour as from experience I know 10 year olds can eat £3 an hour in food! You say you live in a small village but in our area which is a large town, the average rate for school hols is £5 per hour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)