Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Scraping Noise Wall

My young granddaughter whom I child mind once a week for likes to run her fingers tips over the netting on the side of the travel cot, I thought I would make her a poster for the wall of different resources, which when scraped produce a wonderful noise for her - any suggestions, have thought about one or two, such as a piece of corrugated card and a plastic strip with grooves on it, she also likes the sound of her silky puffer jacket when she scratches that.

Edited by Panders

velcro strips, the scratchy sides

cat scratching fabric (you can buy lengths of it from pet shops)

depending on age, you could introduce a big zip (either attached to a toy or bought from a fabric shop (just be careful it doesn't trap little fingers)

things like marbles etc inside a net bag (ensure she can't get them out and put them in her mouth tho!)

What a lucky child to have such a thoughtful Grandmother!

How about some squares of different knitted fabrics, chunky knit, cabled etc. could access from charity shops, cut out and sew edges. Those flat, yellow plastic 'scourers'. Different textured ribbons, sewn on at one end and one end free to run through fingers. How about those cheap emergency 'foil' blankets?

Some fabric with scrunchy plastic behind, such as a crisp bag, something really soft, like velvet, some fine sandpaper.....

she does have scrunchy stuff in her toys, Cait - not sure I could stomach the sandpaper, bit like Louby loos blackboard!!

What a lucky child to have such a thoughtful Grandmother!

How about some squares of different knitted fabrics, chunky knit, cabled etc. could access from charity shops, cut out and sew edges. Those flat, yellow plastic 'scourers'. Different textured ribbons, sewn on at one end and one end free to run through fingers. How about those cheap emergency 'foil' blankets?

Loving the plastic scourers, will go and look for something like that, thank you. Think she might like the ribbons too.

Will also go in search of the velcro we have some of that somewhere

Thanks everyone - any more ideas welcome

Edited by Panders

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)