Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Creating 'cosy Corners' In A Pack Away Setting

I wasn't offended. I rarely am offended by other people's opinion, because everyone has their own thoughts on things and I respect that. I did feel though, like I was being sent to the 'naughty step' for daring to have something nice!

I can only afford the things I buy because I have a firm belief in re-investing every penny over wages and rent back into the children. Of course, it could be argued that the children don't care where the equipment comes from.....................and that's probably true!...................but it warms my soul to have 'beautiful things' and those things don't actually have to cost any money. When they do, I follow my dear mum's advice 'buy cheap, you buy twice', so buy the best you can, and it will last.

Amusingly, I was at the Nursery show in Bournemouth today and was approached by one of the traders, to askif I was interested in looking at his range of furniture? I said no, because I have pretty much all the furniture I need now. When he asked where we usually purchase from, I pointed to the next stand, which was dear old CP. He said, 'oh,lucky you, you must have lots of money then!'..........so I told him no, I don't, I just make wise investments, over a long period of time. And do you know.......he said 'yes, they are wonderful, you will probably never have to replace them, good quality stuff, you do get what you pay for'.

ah well................. :)

Talking about dens and cosy places - Narnia did you see the Sprite dens at the Nursey Show? They were on the same stand that the dream drum was on. I have placed an order for one - it was expensive but I thought the children at my setting would absolutely love it. I am planning on encouraging the children to use their imaginations to use it for many different things - space ship, tent, garden shed, beech hut, etc etc. It comes ready made and the person delivering it will place it where I want it and fix it to the ground for me if I wish !!

At my setting we have lengths of material, large pegs, different frames (some from TTS) and clothes airers that are transformed into dens. The children also like big cardboard boxes where they can hide - these don't cost anything and is a great success.

I have a couple of pop up tent but the children roll about in them and they end up getting split - so not a good idea for the children we have at present :o

I love CP - we only have blocks at the moment - as we are a packaway setting storage is a problem for us. I always believe in buying good quality things. I know you sometimes pay over the odds and you may be able to buy things cheaper elsewhere - but will it last !!!!!!

Sue J

Talking about dens and cosy places - Narnia did you see the Sprite dens at the Nursey Show? They were on the same stand that the dream drum was on. I have placed an order for one - it was expensive but I thought the children at my setting would absolutely love it. I am planning on encouraging the children to use their imaginations to use it for many different things - space ship, tent, garden shed, beech hut, etc etc. It comes ready made and the person delivering it will place it where I want it and fix it to the ground for me if I wish !!

At my setting we have lengths of material, large pegs, different frames (some from TTS) and clothes airers that are transformed into dens. The children also like big cardboard boxes where they can hide - these don't cost anything and is a great success.

I have a couple of pop up tent but the children roll about in them and they end up getting split - so not a good idea for the children we have at present :o

I love CP - we only have blocks at the moment - as we are a packaway setting storage is a problem for us. I always believe in buying good quality things. I know you sometimes pay over the odds and you may be able to buy things cheaper elsewhere - but will it last !!!!!!

Sue J

We need links!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....................please :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D

Even if we can't afford it - I like to see what's about then maybe we can improvise our own :1b

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)