Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Observation Tips

Hi

Can anyone help me- I am trying to prepare a 'tip/ prompt' sheet for observtions to help parents (and staff new to obseravtion) know what they are looking for/ ideas of what to record when observing their children. These observations will then go intot he child's learning journals.

I have searched everywhere on this fabulous site but cannot find anything- I am sure there must be something out there.

Any help greatly recieved!

Try phrasing things in terms of what you have taught or children have recently learnt and what they might therefore see at home, e.g. We've been learning about X if your child does anything with this at home we'd like to know. The Look listen and note statements can help with this.

Cx

Thanks. Will get out Develop Matters now. Its for parents who obsevering the children in children centre groups so they are already involved in what their children have been doing. I try to talk to the parents in the group about what they are seeing but it is hard to get around all parents which is why I am trying to do this prompt sheet

You could do a few 'example post its' for parents/new staff to show them the kinds of things they could write.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)