Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Changes To Childminding Ratio's?

Hello everyone, I have heard a few snippets on the radio that the government is considering changing the ratios that childminders can have...some local childminders were also told at a recent briefing that it is a possibility but not to increase numbers as yet as it hasn't been confirmed what the new ratios will be. I wondered if anyone else out there has heard any information on this...I am considering hiring an assistant but may not need to if the ratios change...

Hi Im a child minder also. There was a lot of talk on the news and in the press last week about this. We cant increase our numbers yet as we dont know when or if the ratios will change. I think they are wanting us to increase our numbers so we can have more children and charge less per child - why any childminder would agree to taking on more work for little or no increase in pay is beyond me!

Think we just have to wait and see what happens...

I believe it's in the Ofsted recommendations for the new EYFS inspection/registration framework from Sept.

Revised Ofsted regulations will be confirmed in June 2012 – proposals place responsibility on providers to meet the EYFS requirements. For example

•by allowing providers to set the numbers and ages of children they care for, in accordance with the reqs.

•by expecting providers to carry out suitability checks on registered person and nominated person – interviews will no longer be done by Ofsted. plus

•stronger emphasis on partnerships with parents to support the needs of the child and the family

Providers need to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of these responsibilities to avoid receiving an inadequate judgement.

Ofsted will carry out full inspections rather than investigation visits when complaints are received

Cx

Edited by catma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)