Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

How Are You Linking Your Observations?

Guest xLisax

Guest xLisax

Hi, I am currently looking into new record sheets for each of our Nursery children. We currently have an indepth record of all areas in the old EYFS from 22/36 to 40/60. Each development matter is listed and we date everytime we link to a particular observation. Does anyone have any good ideas or any example sheets on how you are showing what they have achieved. I have attached an example of what we have for each child at the mo.

Any ideas would be really appreciated as I want to ensure we are doing enough for when OFSTED knock at our door!

Many thanks

foundation tracking sheet.doc

Guest colechin

Hi xLisax,

My key workers all have a profile book (scrap book) for each of their children. We all make adhoc observations of each others children and these are written on post its. The staff are also assigned a different area each week to work in, they then take down observations on certain children who may visit their area.

The key workers also do a 15 minute observation each week on each of their children. We feel that we get loads of information this way, and this also helps the key workers to plan the next step for a child or set up an activity from the child's interest.

Each key worker then has responsibility to put the observations in to their children's profile books (weekly). Then at the end of a term they highlight off any mile stones they feel the child has accomplished.

The tracing document is our only way to see where each child is at.

Hope this helps.

I am impressed at your 15 minutes obs on each child, each week colechin!

I find it a struggle to do one 10 min obs per child over a half term but I agree they are definitely worth doing and do give you lots of information to go on as well as the smaller obs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)